Why are you asking me to opt-in to cookies?
As from the 26 May 2011 it has been required for websites that are aimed at the UK and EU to follow the new cookies regulations which you can find out more from the Information Commissioner’s Office: http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies.aspx
What is a cookie?
It is a file that is stored on your computer when you visit a website. Most websites use them and are generally harmless. When you revisit the website later or visit a different webpage a copy of the cookie file is sent to the website.
They can be used to store information and have many uses. With the most common being tracking, remembering your details/settings and to keep you logged in to an account.
You can find out more information about cookies from the following websites:
- Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
- Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx
- Mozilla: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
Requried for our website to work.
To track your visits on the site. Tells us how long you been on a page. What pages you go to. Google Analytics Opt-Out.
Allows you to share to other websites like Facebook, Twitter, ETC. Add This opt out.
Hey there’s a cookie which isn’t listed! That cookie wasn’t opt-in!
As our website uses a content management system and additional third party plugins it can be difficult for us to notice cookies that are being used, especially after software updates.
If you do notice a cookie that does get past us or have a question about please contact us.
There are also some essential cookies which are required for the website to work; these can only be blocked by changing your browser settings.
How to disable/block cookies?
We recommend visiting your browser help section to find out how.
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
Third Party Cookies Opt-Out.
Some cookies are used and provided by third party sources. Here the main links you can use to opt-out of them.
- Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Add This: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out
Do Not Track Me!
Do not track is a up and coming feature in web browsers which allows you to tell websites that you do not want to be tracked. While not all websites currently use this you can find out more how to set it up on your browser from the following websites.
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-turn-do-not-track-feature
- Internet Explorer: http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Browser/DoNotTrack/Default.html
To find out more about do not track. Visit http://donottrack.us/.